Saturday, January 30, 2010

Survivor

Today my resolution was to relax. This semester has already gotten me wearing thin and exhausted. This will be a long semester. But, every weekend I had something planned, and every weekday I was crammed with responsibilities. I have had no time to sit back and relax for an entire day since the beginning of the semester.

Some of you thinking: "It's only 19 days into the semester, Ben. Man up!"

Try taking 18 credits worth of classes, class schedules that are so inconvenient that you have to stay at shcool nearly all day, writing a book, doing martial arts, working out, doing accountability group, church, working, and trying to balance a social life and a family life on top. It suuuuucckkkss.

So, to that I say: "Take a break!!"

Let me tell you, folks, I took doctor's orders (me being the doctor, of course) and was lazy all day. It was a beautiful thing. I feel so good! Tomorrow I think i'll be lazy, too.

This morning, I woke up at 12:00pm. After sleep deprivation for 19 days, my goodness, it feels like you've just slept in a mound of comfy blankets just out of the drier, froliced among the feilds of dream-land, and eaten from the fruit of awesomeness. You need to try it. I woke up and was like: "Woah!!"

Then, I discovered I was home alone (major plus, I love being home alone, then I can sing, dance, be weird, and I had no obligation to change from my jammies (which were sooooooo comfy by the way). So, with bed-head, bare feet, and an old plain white T, I got on my computer and watched the TV show Survivor.

No, before today, I had never seen survivor besides random seconds as I flipped the channels. I discovered that it is highly entertaining, and makes me want to try out as a contestant.

I wonder how you can get into survivor. I bet there are thousands of applicants, but out of those, they must choose 20. Obviously it is complete coincodense that those 20 people are attractive young people... but, if that's how they choose the contestants, then I should totally be on the top of the list. (Cough, cough)

Spear fishing, hunting lizards, owning at random tribal challenges to win prizes, and totally own and being awesome!!! How much cooler can it get? You get put on an amazingly tropical, remote island, and forced to survive. Bring it.

Yeah, so, other than my recent want to become a reality TV contestant on a tropical island for 39 days, not much is new.

My resolution for tomorrow is to find 30 things interesting reflecting on this January. (If you don't know why I picked the number 30, let me enlighten you. 30 is the number after 29, 30 is the number with one less zero of the movie "300", 30 is the age that most people realize that they actually have to grow up, 30 is the number of mini-M&Ms a belimic can eat before having to say farewell to their meal, 30 is the amount of times I have thought someone on a cell phone was talking to me and then I reply to be encountered with a really awkward situation, 30 is the number of seconds the human brain can remain sane while listening to country music (Taylor Swift obviously being exempt), and last of all, and probably the deciding factor for me to choose the number 30 is that it is the amount of days in January.

So, enjoy the list that tomorrow brings. Until then, I will be preparing for my Survivor appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment