Sunday, January 24, 2010

these are some of my favorite things

My resolution for today was to write.

Today was interesting. I woke up at 1:00pm and accedentally slept through church. Oops. That sucks. Last night I dragged my mattress into Hannah's room and we talked in the dark, both staring up at the ceiling, until 3:00am. It was much needed brother-sister time. I don't see her half as much as I'd like since she's so busy with work and everything.

Today was very fun. Very fun. Here is what happened today:

I watched an extremely cheesy Kung Fu Jet Li movie with my dad online

I made myself a pasta dinner (aka, I preheated the oven and read the boxed instructions and put it in or the correct amount of time. I love being a gourmet chef!)

I talked to Nate T. on the phone for an hour. We laughed a lot. He convinced me to seriously consider Biola as a college. The main things that are swaying me are: Biola is in CA, it is 30 minutes away from the ocean, they have surfing lessons, the origional California Pizza Kitchen is near Biola, I could go hikiing the mountains on the weekends, the girl/boy ratio is 77/23, the founders of UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship) recently opened a UFC gym which is like a Lifetime fitness, but then also have martial art training, and it is only 12.5 miles away from Biola, yes, I Googled it. Oh, and not to mention tht Biola has a good writing program that publishes their writers in college.

I cranked up music on portable speakers and sang along with rap, screamo, and awesomeness. My voice kinda hurt after the screamo, but it was worth jamming out to.

I made myself chocolate milk.

I wrote a killer essay that's due tomorrow for a writing class.

I Facebook stalked friends. No, i'm not telling you guys who, because it may be you. Don't be afraid, Facebook stalking is a friendly little hobby I have. Why be scared? It's public information that I'm looking at. Like once I read every single thing on Josh Gate's wall that went back an entire year... sure, that may be kinda creepy, but it's still public information. ;) (Yeah, Josh, you probably didn't know that, hehehehe)

I smiled a lot.

I did an awesome handstand while listening to rap music... it made me feel hardcore.


So, thos were some of my favorite things. Other than what's her face from The Sound of Music, I did not have to put my list to a song... and my list was actually real, hers was far-fetched and laaaaammme. I just noticed that I really dislike her haircut in that movie. It looks like a bowl-cut.

I guess my origional intention for my resolution was to write my book, but I wrote an amazing essay, better than I would have hadn't I written the resolution, maybe. It's funny how that works out.

My resolution for tomorrow is to memorize a rap song and be able to lip sync it perfectly. I am so gangsta... ya know it bro!

2 comments:

  1. Biola is also an hour and a half from my grandparent's house! If you do go there, I recommend going an hour south to Oceanside sometime and stopping in the little mexican place. Amazing food. Nice beach too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Poke* Taylor? Come on! It's where it's at! You cannot back down on your prior obligations to go here!

    ReplyDelete