Friday, January 22, 2010

forever wednesday

My internet on my computer has been hazy the past few days.
On Wednesday (as I posted in the previous blog) our internet server crashed, and everyone who uses it was internet-less. So, I missed my blog update on Wednesday.
Thursday, I was at DCTC from 11:00am until 9:30pm (my class got let out a half an hour early at night, thank God!) And, during that time, the internet on my laptop would not work for some reason. I could use the computer lab, but I had writing I needed to complete, so i've been blogless for two days now.

So, let us all pretend that none of this happened, and pretend this is Wednesday again.

My resolution for wednesday was to not make a fool of myself in art class.
By this time everyone in the class is supposed to have in their possession artsy stuff. By "artsy stuff" of course, I mean objects that are never in my vocabulary before I entered this classroom. Let me get out my notebook and read the requirements for the class, because I don't even know what they are off the top of my head.

(A variety of pencil hardness) I came into class with No. 2 pencils that have not been sharpened in years.

(24" roll-tissue paper) I thought that was for wrapping Christmas presents.

(2 sharpy brand pens, regular/meduim) I have no idea what "regular/medium" means, and I thought sharpy only made wonderfully smelling markers, not pens. But, if they both smell the same, then my art projects will be fun.

(11" x 14" spiral bound sketchbook) I come into class with my three ring binder filled with lined paper... apparently that is not acceptable in art class.

(12" triangle) I still don't know why I'd need this. I don't think I'll be drawing many triangles in art, so I don't see the need for one.

(Gray-kneading eraser) Everyone else comes to class with these spiffy looking, artsy, special person erasers. I have a worn down pink eraser at the end of my No. 2 pencil that leaves scraps all over my paper when i'm done. And, it's getting near the end of it, so it sometimes leaves scratches on the paper from the metal of the pencil.

I need to go shopping for these stuff. I'm sure the shopping experience will the very awkward. I will walk into Michaels art store and walk to the nearest old lady with a knitted Santa sweater and ask: "Do you have art stuff?"
"Yes, honey, we are an art store."
"Oh, good. Well, i'm in an art class and I need some artsy stuff, so where would I find that?"
"Artsy stuff?"
"You know... the cool person erasers, the un-needed drawing tirangles, and some pencils that are not No. 2 brand."
"I don't know if we have any 'cool person erasers' but as for the pencils... what hardness would you like?"
"I thought they were all made out of wood anyways, so aren't they all the same hardness?"
"I mean the hardness of the graphite."
"Oh, uhhhhhhhhhh... regular."
"That means nothing to me."
"It doesn't to me either, but that's what my paper says."
"What kind of regular does it ask for?"
"I thought regular was regular, now there are different kinds of regular? Like a spectrum of how regular the pencil is?"
"Something like that."



Needless to say, I am not looking forward to the Michaels store experience. Hopefully it wil be better than it is in my mind's eye.

Since I wrote this blog not on time, and... well, the general lack of productivity, I had no resolution for Thursday. =( But, I will still do a Thursday blog for my screaming fans. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment