Friday, January 8, 2010

the recipe for fitness

Yesterday's resolution set for today was: to apply for at least one scholarship online.

Yes, I failed. But, my failure was not the lack of motivation, mind you. I did go online and check out my account on FastWeb to see if I had any matches for scholarships (FastWeb take the information you provide about yourself, and matches scholarships with those interests, attributes, and goals, so I have a list that is Taylor made for me) but, none of them were ones that applied to me. Sorry FastWeb, my last name is not Van Vickenburg, and I am not an Eagle Scout. So, that crosses off quite a few of the scholarships. It turns out that I had accidentally filled out my gender as female because I was going through the information section so quickly, so I was getting all these scholarships for "High School Girls against the Rabid Dogs".
Anyways, back on topic...
Since I had no matches, I decided to use the wonderful creation in technology of Google, thank you Al Gore for making this possible, and searched for scholarships. I was about to click on one when I realized that I had no idea if any of these websites were legit. So, not wanting my identity to be stolen, I refrained.

So, here I am right now, hopefully not guilty in your eyes for failing.

But, I will tell you what I did do today since I couldn't find scholarships...

Today, I decided to become a member of Fitness 19. Fitness 19 is an incredible fitness center that only charges 17$ a month for a membership for unlimited access, where as at Lifetime Fitness it's somewhere around 60$ a month. So, I decided to go with the smart way and went the Fitness 19 way.
Don't I sound like an infomercial?
I toured around the building, loved it, so I signed up and I have my fitness assessment planned for Monday. I think I should start working out now so I don't do terrible on my assessment.

Later in the evening I had to go to Target to get some unsweetened Baker's Chocolate, but it turns out that the kind that I needed was not at Target, or at Cub, so I settled for something less, all while feeling incredibly independent and grown-up shopping by myself.

And then to wrap up my great day, I talked to Kristin on Skype for a while as both of our speakers malfunctioned, so it was difficult to hear. When I spoke in a British accent it was easier to distinguish, so that was very enjoyable. =D

For tomorrow's resolution: I must make myself a gourmet lunch from the resources I have in my own kitchen. Music and dancing is required while I cook.

1 comment: