Wednesday, January 13, 2010

quill & paper

I forgot to set a resolution for myself today, so, I improvised this afternoon and made myself one throughout the course of the day.
Let me introduce to you: proper hydration!!! It is a vital part of staying healthy; I do not get half as much water as I should every day (I need about 8 cups) so, I decided that today, I will drink the proper amount I should.

I have half a cup to go, but I feel a little water-logged. I usually have around 5 cups of water, but I crammed all of the cups into the evening, but, if I had spaced it out evenly throughout the day, I think I would have felt amazing!


I had an art class today. To provide you with a little of my artistic background...

I pat myself on the back when I draw a stick-man. I cannot draw a straight line, and I might have drawn a decent circle once or twice in my life.

I get to this "beginner" art class and everyone seated in the room looks scarily artsy and creative. I felt like oil on water. I was obviously the dumb one out. But, when no one smelled my lack of skill, they let me sit down.
And, as a "simple" assignment we were given a page with nine circles about an inch and a half in diameter. We were supposed to add lines and whatnot to make that circle on the page into a picture. We were given ten minutes to do so. When completed, I had done four of them. They were: a smiley face, a cylinder, a sumo-wreslter, and a copy of the example that he gave us... for some reason I think that everyone else did a little better than me on that one. But, I would love to see my prof's face when he sees the sumo-wrestler. Stunning, I know.

Yes, I did say "prof's" because I always mispell "professor"... I'm not even sure if that one is right... I wish there was spell check on here.

Everyone in my art class is hardcore. The dude next to me comes in with this legit art pad and nice pencils. He flips it open to "sketches" that are incredible. Then there is the girl with earbuds in for inspirational music to draw. And, the lady behind me was like 55 years old with flowing white hair. Anyone with flowing white hair is an amazing artist! It's so not fair. I think i'm going to buy a wig.

And then there's me: the guy in the corner who has the annoyingly flimsy chair that keeps leaning back and makes me look like i'm laying down. That was a little awkward.

Apparently everyone thinks drawing a hand and a chair is easy. Not me. And, I realized that I would probably do better at shark wrestling than this. But, oh well, i'll be hardcore!! I learned how to sketch these killer 3D boxes! I was so happy I could finally draw something that looks half cool, so I filled up a huge page with dozens of them... the teacher kept looking over at my pages of 3D boxes questioningly. Apparently he came out of the womb with a pencil and pad in hand and doesn't remember his "fail" days.


Tomorrow's resolution is to not embarass myself while working out. Tomorrow is officially my first time "working out" in a gym by myself without supervision... so, hopefully I won't fall off the back of the treadmill or get stuck under the bench press bar. God save me.

No comments:

Post a Comment