Saturday, January 16, 2010

men in tights

My resolution for today was to relax.

The start of my day may give you a small peek into just how relaxed I was. At 11:00 I get a call from Josh Gates waking me up. Then, I talk to him while i'm still laying down in bed; he, while talking to me, is stil laying down on his bed, and we proceed to talk for 15 minutes in this manner until we realize that we should get up and start the day.

The only un-relaxing thing I managed to do through the course of the day was to do my "Saturday Chores". Which is un-avoidable considering the day that it is.

Where did people come up with the names of the days? All the days end with "day", but where did they come up with: Mon, Tues, Wednes, Thurs, Fri, Satur, and Sun? Do the prefixes mean anything important or are they random letters meshed together to keep track of the passing hours? I bet some really smart Greek dudes got together and stuck random letters up on a wall, then threw darts at the wall, and whatever letter the darts would land on, that was the prefix to the day.

Then, I went out and saw the movie "The Book of Eli" with Josh Gates and Tony Smith. Wow. That movie is so stinking amazing. If you have not seen it yet, I command you to turn of your computer/cell phone/or any other device that is enabling you to read this and to head over to a theater near you and watch this movie. Denzel Washington kicks some major butt.

Well, imagine Denzel Washington fighting guys with chainsaws, knives, and guns, while he has this awesome sword as he quotes scripture. It left me with tingles all over. The cinematography (I totally misspelled that word) was stunning, the acting was amazing, and the story line was incredible. I want to see it again.

Afterwards, we went to Tony's house for 45 minutes to hang out, then they had company, so I went over to the Gate's house until 10:00.

We watched a spoof off of Robin Hood called "Men in Tights". Picture the actor of Wesley from Princess Bride, and a black rapper traveling together talking in cliches and slang. There are random rap interjections with Robin's merry men, and the rapper has white sunglasses.

The final fight scene is paused when both the good and the bad guy realize that they can fight with shadow puppets on the wall.

One word: amazing.

Yeah, so, all in all, a day well spent. Full of laughter and awesomness. And, a contest with Gates to see which one of us can remain parallel to the ground leaning off the couch with someone sitting on our legs. I got dominated. My record was 35 seconds, Josh's record was 2 minutes. Can you say in your face Ben Schmitt?

My resolution for tomorrow is to be diligent. (Yet to be clarified what that means)

2 comments:

  1. Asneeze: I am Asneeze, father of Ahchoo.
    Robin Hood: Bless you.
    Asneeze: No no no, Ahchoo is my son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA Yesterday was amazing! Thanks for putting me in your blog. I really like that :D

    ReplyDelete