Friday, January 1, 2010

welcome, 2010

As I awoke this morning, I realized that every year I give half-hearted new year's resolutions that I never achieve.
The top 3 most popular new year's resolutions in America this year are:

1. Gain a better financial situation

2. Lose weight

3. Develop a healthy habit

Now, realistically, not even 10% of those people will actually achieve them. Do you know why? Because, when Febuary rolls around, and the dreary slush from winter is left on the ground, and people's once optimistic spirits are dashed by the worst combination of sustances known to man are left on the ground, they bail on their promises they made on January 1st.

Well, in attempt to change this new year, and to keep myself accountable to those desired changes, I will not only make new years resolutions, but daily resolutions.

Do you frequently delay responsibilities such as: cleaning your car, buying new deoderant that actually smells good, making a daily schedule, waking up earlier and eat breakfast, and have at least one time a day that you laugh?
Some of those things are the type of responsibilities and desires that I would like to do in my daily resolutions. Some will be crazy random, stupid, but some of them are valid goals that I have that I'd like to get done.

Those things are usually overlooked in the new years resolutions, but in a more specific day-to-day resolution oriented environment it makes it more attainable and realistic.
I will be updating my blog daily with a new resolution and tell you how my previous day's resolution went.
If I miss a day, then I will do two the following day.

I encourage you all to take your new year's resolutions more seriously and to not get de-motivated by the Febuary slush or the pessimism of your friends or the greasy cheeseburger staring up at you, asking you why the heck you would spend $2.99 on a processed slab of meat that will only make your stomach hurt for the following eight hours. Keep yourself accountable and keep your goals small and realistic. Let other people know about those goals so they can keep you accountable. And, last of all, write them down on paper in a place that you frequently see. It will remind you of your promise, and help you to keep it. Good luck with your resolutions!

My first daily resolution is to deep-clean my room, including my closet. Right now, when I enter my room, it feels like I just lost a game of competitive snowman building, ate too many slices of American Cheese, and recieved my report card for the semester all in one greatly undesired moment. But, when I am done, it will feel like I won competitive snowman building, ate mozerella cheese, and still have a week before I see my reoprt card. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Haha nice!

    I'm going to try similar things- tiny little daily things that are attainable. But I also heard a great bit about how even if your resolutions fail by February, or even mid-January, its better to have done a little good than no good at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. Ben's blogging! 'Bout time. I love it already. :)

    I like that idea! I'll be praying you can stick with it!

    ReplyDelete