Monday, January 4, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

Well, the download to get all my music in one place went... sort of well. In the end I felt like strangling a puma with my bare hands, but I got some of the music onto my laptop. I think it's the best I could ever do. Now, I have calmed down from extreme frustration from the difficulties of online downloads and random pop-ups that ask me questions that I have no idea how to answer like: "An error was found on BENJAMIN D:: would you like Windows to fix? Yes or no?"

I didn't even know what "BENJAMIN D::" was, so I pressed "no"... apparently that was the wrong answer, so I spent an hour trying to figure out how to make it work.

In the end, I now am happy.

As for my other resolution, experiencing the finer things in life, that went well... some of it went well at least.

I went to Beauty and the Beast play at the Ordway Theater in Saint Paul. I thought it was Broadway, but at the intermission, I learned they were a local team that performs at the Ordway. Needless to say, I couldn't tell the difference, they were beyond words. The Beast's voice was Beastly. Pun intended.

I went to the theater with a group of about twenty five people. It turns out that the seating was random. Everyone got to sit next to at least one other person in the group... everyone besides me. I sat relitively close to two of my friends, but in a completely seperate isle. The people sitting next to me didn't say anything, but they probably felt bad that I had seemingly come alone while all 3,000 other people attending had dates.

Once the curtain rose, I forgot all about that and was immersed into the glorious acting and beautiful voices of the performers.

I thought my adventures were over for the night, but when I was dropped off back at my house my garage door didn't open. My friend had already left, so I was stuck outside with the garage door frozen in negative 15 degrees weather at 12:45am. It sucked.

I was stranded there for about 15 minutes as I continuously called my house from my cell phone and rang the door bell, but my parents were sound asleep upstairs, door closed, with the fan on. So, my poor freezing attempts at survival were futile. until I started banging on the door with my frozen hand. It hurt. But, they heard me and let me in. I was alright after a hot shower. A hot shower cures almost everything. =)


I could not update my blog yesterday about this because I came home at such a late hour, so this entry is for yesterday, 1/03/10.

Today, my resolution is to start a healthy schedule. Sleeping schedule that is. I have not been getting an appropriate amount of sleep, and my body has suffered the consequenses. So, tonight, and the nights following this one, I will get in bed at 10:00, read, pray, journal, or do something by myself in my room until 11:00 and then go to sleep. Then, in the morning I will wake up at 8:00am.

I guess since this resolution is about sleep, I cannot update you to see how it goes until tomorrow, after I sleep.

Goodnight! =)

1 comment:

  1. I left you outside?? :P Why didn't you call? o.0

    ReplyDelete