Monday, January 11, 2010

my karma just ran over your dogma

My resolution for today was: to make a new friend.

When I wrote that, I was anticipating making a friend in my first class today. The only class that I have on Mondays is Writing and Research. Going into it, I was not expecting much out of the class, but once I got in it I just about shot myself.

The entire class period was going over the syllabus and explaining that missing a class = not a good idea. And that failing the class = bad. The whole class was composed of about 3 girls (who were all over the age of 25 or maybe even 30) and then about 25 guys. The males were primarily from the Automotive and Heavy Mechinery Major that DCTC offers, and the only men who go into that major go there because they're not smart enough to do anything else.

Wow, I felt really mean dissing them like that, but it is very true.

So, I am probably one of the only people in that class that can compose a decent paper just by my first impressions. The teacher had an amazingly awesome dry sense of humor and played off of their stupidity well. No one got offended because no one that he was making fun of even understood that he was making fun of them. I think i'm going to like that class just to see how the teacher/student relationships develop.

Anyways, I did not make any friends in that class. No, I am not intentianally not making friends with them based on their IQ, but they just... dragged themselves out of the door with one eye open; they looked half asleep the entire class.

I had to go to get my books for this semester; I go to the bookstore and find all my books (translation: I was lost and confused and asked for help, they directed me to the bookstore and once there, I would have spent two hours trying to find my books hadn't this worker come up and helped me find all of them within 45 seconds. He was amazing) Back on track, once I he had gotten me all of my books in such speed I was gasping for breath as he was coolly walking away with a confident strut.

I noticed that the line for the checkout wrapped all the way around the store. So, I got in line with a sigh and instantly the guy in front of me turned around a shoved me yelling: "You got a problem man?"
So, I dropped my books and used some of my Jiu Jitsu moves; he ended up at the hospital.

Okay... yes, I have been watching too many Kung Fu movies and UFC fights for my own good...

What really happened: he turned around and started up a conversation. He ends up being a really nice guy wanting to be a Botanist. (sounds boring, but I tried to make him feel like I thought it was a cool major) =P (I think it worked) So, we talked for about ten minutes as the line progressed slowly.

So, I can officially say that I made a friend today!

My resolution for tomorrow is: to be unusually outgoing in my classes tomorrow. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment