Saturday, January 2, 2010

procrastination: one who is productive in their own mind

Well, to be completely honest, cleaning my room was not as bad as I imagined. It took half as long as I expected, and I feel twice as good as I anticipated. I'm no mathmetician, but that is a good deal if I do say so myself. I highly recommend you to do it as well. It took me about twenty some minutes so vacuum, clean, wash my sheets, pick up all the clothes on my floor, and make my closet enter-able.

Organization is a word that I used to love. Now, however, not so much. College happened. It's not that I don't have the time in the day, sure, I could find an extra twenty or thirty minutes easily, but the act of actually doing it is what I am not mentally organized enough to do to actually organize my messes. So, this past semester, the remains of my half-finished activities lay strewn over my bedroom.

I might dare to say that I am half Hobbit. Hobbits are creatures that do not like to do anything that is not planned. If it is not planned, they don't do it. Yes, I can be very spontaneous, hence the only half Hobbit blood. But, when it comes to responsibilities, I never randomly do them unless I mentally prepare myself for the task. If I am planning to do them, then they are as easy as eating the rest of the leftover cake that the entire family was hoping to have the following day, but as it is 12:00am there's no one to stop you... not that i've had experience in that or anything...

So, the planning of the cleaning of my room was the one thing that has been stopping me all semester. I am proud to say that my human half may be taking over the responsibility control in my life.

Today, I made the resolution to transfer all of my music onto one place. It is a long story, but basically, I used to have a really old computer so my itunes was on there, then that crashed and I got a laptop, but I couldn't sync it with the laptop because I had my brother's purchased music on my ipod, and I didn't have his password and he was in Kansas for a year... so, I started buying music on my laptop, so currently, I have music on my laptop and my ipod purchased from different computers, so itunes isn't letting me transfer them. So, a handy little software is helping me with that... thank God for Google search, so I don't have to have my music in two seperate places, heaven forbid!

I have yet to finish the transferring, so I will update you all will my progress.

A short sneak peak for tomorrow's resolution. Tomorrow I would like to experience the finer things of life, dress up, and feel important as I lounge in the prescence of the good atmosphere. Sounds weird? Well, it gives me a very confident air to myself whenever I don a nice shirt, and especially when in the prescence of wealthy people enjoying the beautiful expenses that most ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment