Tuesday, January 26, 2010

clip, clip

My resolution for today was to do a handstand and time myself.

I just did it about 30 minutes ago, and I am pleased to tell you that I did a handstand for 16 seconds. If you think that'd not so great, try one right now.

You impressed now?

Okay, story time. So, last night I walked downstairs to shower. I looked at myself in the mirror for a minute. I had been wanting a haircut for 3 weeks now, and it was getting way too long. It was getting so long I was getting distracted trying to breathe. That's when you know it's time to cut it. I had school in the morning, so I was like: "I want it cut right now". My mom (who always cuts my hair) was in bed already, so I grabbed the kitchen scissors and started shearing away. Mind you... I was trying to cut my bands, my sideburns, and worst of all, the back. I only had a mirror in front of me, so I guessed where to cut in the back.

When I was done it felt fine in the back, and did't look too bad in the front. About to get in the shower and call it a night, I realized that sometimes what you feel is not what it looks like in reality. So, I took a picture of the back of my head with the camera on my phone. Let me just tell you, when I saw the image I screamed. It looked like I was cancerous and my hair was falling out in the back. It looked hideous.

Desperate, I called my sister on my phone (because I didn't want to walk past my dad who was on the main level) to come down and help. When she saw me, she started panicking, then started to laugh at me. Wow, that was reassuring.

She ended up trimming it a bit in the back, then shaving my neck with my razer so it didn't look like I was loosing my hair. When she was done she giggled a little then said: "That's the best I can make it. Good luck."

So, I had to sit in my usual front row seat in my classes today. I wore a hat and a scarf in attempt to cover up the back of my hairline... but, when I got home, my mom laughed at me, and then I realized that niether my hat or scarf covered it up. Wow, that is awkward. In the words of my mom: "It looks likea little kid attacked you with a scissors."

That statement is true.

She cut it, but it still looks terrible. Thanks, Ben. Yes, 17, almost 18, year old Ben decided that he would cut his own hair with a kitchen scissors. Brilliant.

Good luck with life. =P

My reslution for tomorrow is to own at my homework. (I have a ton to do)

No comments:

Post a Comment