Monday, January 18, 2010

film studies... kill me now

Today, my resolution was to do 20 pull ups in one set.

I kind of did it, kind of did not. Let me explain...

My previous record for pull ups was 16, set when I was 15 years old, and I have not even attempted to break it, but I suspected I probably could.
After the pull ups today, my arms were taught like an extended rubberband; it did not feel very good doing arm workouts after that.

I did 19 pull ups (as put by Riley, from the movie National Treasure 2: "Why couldn't a girl see me do that?!")... on the 20th one, my chin was hovering an inch under the bar as I was shaking, trying to pull myself above the bar. By my standards, one pull up is: arms completely extended, hanging, and pulling until your chin goes over the bar. After 5 seconds of shaking in the same position, I had to let go. So, according to my definition of a pull up, I did 19. But, hey, that is better than my previous record, and very good in my mind, so I feel accomplished.

Last night, around 11:00, Hannah commented on how glad she was that there was no school tomorrow (which is now, today) because it was Martin Luther King Jr. day. If she had not made that small comment, I would have not known school was cancelled, and I would have driven half an hour for my one morning class, only to realize that I was the only car in the parking lot. Thank you, Hannah.

So, I spent my day enjoying the break. I went on random errands with my dad, then went to work out, then went to my accountability group. All in all, it was a great day, and I feel refreshed for my extremely boring day tomorrow, and ready to die of lack of excitement in school.

Okay, i'm usually not a pessimist, but honestly, when stuck in a four hour class with a boring teacher reading random facts off a sheet of paper is not fun. Plus, when she is not reading off random fcts, she states obvious information, making me just as qualified as her to teach the class. Yes, the class is Film Studies, and it is an awesome concept, but she does no teaching, and all we do is watch random video clips. It feels like a waste of time.

I started daydreaming for about five minutes a few moments ago because I was bored just thinking about tomorrow. I have no idea how I will survive every Tuesday.

If you picture a baby with a mustache, it makes you laugh... At least it works for me.

My resolution for tomorrow is to make up a random game that I can do by myself to entertain me while bored at school tomorrow. This should be fun.

1 comment:

  1. You should bring your laptop to class and write! :P

    Or just write on a piece of paper (pretending that you're taking notes) and then just type it up later.

    ReplyDelete