Monday, January 25, 2010

music and football

My resolution for today was to memorize a rap song.

I did memorize a song, but no, it was not rap. I felt more in the mood for a nice, melodic, awesome song such as: Two is Better than One from the band Boys Like Girls. It is an amazing song, and it gets stuck in your head like dried soup on your shirt... but in a positive way... imagine that you can lick the soup off the shirt later when you're hungry again. Yum yum.

So, when I tried to purchase the song Two is Better than One, I bought it, but as it was downloading, my internet shut off and had to restart. When I tried to recover the song itunes said that I had never purhcased it and it could not re-download it. It took my money, but I got no song. So, mad that I was 1.29$ closer to being broke, I bought it again... yes, it is worth 2.68$ and yes, I did do that math in my head.

I find it ironic that I had to purchase a song titled Two is Better than One twice.

At least it worked the second time, and I sang along with it and I love that song. =)

The roads were terrible today. I had to drive ten miles an hour under the speed limit to be safe... and I realized my unhealthy obsession while driving. At a stoplight, or even while driving, I have to look at the person driving next to me. I have had this habit since I was 5 years old, and at a stop light or sign, I will look at as many car drivers as possible, and yes, this sometimes mean that I will turn around completely to see them. It is very satisfying. I still don't know why I do it.

I feel like doing ballroom dancing.

Today I learned that footballs are made from pigskin. I still think it's probably made from leather and the classic term: "pigskin" is what it used to be made out of, but since we are obviously more civilized than that, we now use leather. I hope so at least. Call me overly sensitive, but it is disturbing to me to imagine throwing Porky Pig for a touchdown.

Tomorrow's resolution is to do a handstand for as long as I can and record it on my stopwatch.

2 comments:

  1. "I find it ironic that I had to purchase a song titled Two is Better than One twice." I read that and it just about made my day.

    ReplyDelete