Tuesday, January 5, 2010

sleepless in minneapolis

Well... may I sum up my new resolution with one word? FAIL! I do have a very valid excuse, mind you. It was not my fault that my sleep schedule was not... taken heed to the very night I set it.
I was in bed at 10:30, yes half an hour later than I had hoped, but then, when I was ready to go to sleep, a Ninja Handbook (a book I got for christmas) attack me, and forced me to read from its pages for two hours. When it was done with me, it tossed my miserable corpse to the main level of the house.
To lighten my mood and satisfy a craving, I ate two wonderful cookies. But then, when I thought I could finally have my rest, the movie You've Got Mail sprung from our movie shelf and held me down on the couch, inserted itself into my laptop and forced me to watch.

Needless to say... I finally went to sleep at 2:30am and I woke up at 1:00pm. As you can tell, though, my mugging was brutal, so cut me some slack.


For today's daily resolution, I must write at least five pages in my book.
For those of you who do not know me particularly well, I am writing a novel, aiming towards publication by fall, Lord willing. And, my co-author and I had a meeting yesterday and now my assignment is to change 30 some pages because we are changing a big part of the plot. So, in order to catch up to where I should be in relation to the book, I need to write like a madman. So, write I will!

1 comment: