Monday, February 1, 2010

31 reasons for the seasons

So, ummmm, I kind of discovered that there was 31 days in January instead of 30. That's slightly embarassing after blogging about it.

Yesterday I did not blog, so this is for the 31st's blog.

So, this last weekend were my chil-ax days. Yes, that is totally my excuse for being a lazy bum. watched an entire season of Survivor over the weekend. It was extremely awesome, and I learned that I love that show.

There was this awesome Christian guy in the final five people on Survivor (the island of Samoa). Evryone (including the jerks)adored him, and from every girl on there, they all agreed that he'd be the perfect husband and father, and the biggest jerk on the show (about 40 years old) said that he wishes he was like that guy when he was his age, and he hopesthat his daghters grow up and marry a guy like him.

It is amazing to me that in the most extreme of circumstances of no food, not much water, and incredible exertion in challanges, Brett (the awesome guy) maintained an incredible attitude and demeanor that spoke to people so loudly that they held him in such high esteem.

It just made me think what I would do in his situation, and made me want to be that guy who despite the terrible circumstances, people can clearly see that something sets him apart from everyone else.

I found that incredibly encouraging.

So, for my list of 31 things that I found interesting as I reflect upon this January:

1. Life is short, set daily goals so you can achieve what you usually cannot
2. I adore plays
3. Make sure that the person dropping you off at night waits to see if you can get into your own house, or you may be stuck outside for a long time shivering
4. DCTC is a creeper haven
5. Singing while driving is extremely enjoyable
6. Working out in a gym can be very awkward
7. Set the weights to a more impressive amount as soon as you leave the machine. It makes you look buff to the next person using it
8. An organized room and schedule = a more organized mind and life
9. Winter sucks
10. California is where its at
11. If I set a large goal for myself, I rarely achieve it
12. I NEED God to survive
13. Hot chocolate next to a fire on a cold day is heavenly
14. Do not laugh out loud while in the school computer lab, everyone stares
15. Do not bring in a presentation of a purse to a class if you're a guy, everyone think's that you're gay (I think they still do think i'm gay... it's awkward)
16. Try not to make Lord of the Rings quotes out loud in class even if they do apply perfectly... the teacher stares blankly at you, then you have to explain yourself and it is extremely embarassing
17. If you're working on your laptop and it is boring, and slightly awkward, put earbuds in and rock to some tunes, it cures practically anything, aside from a missing arm or leg
18. No matter how cool you are, Ben, you will never be able to do an airiel rotating spin kick only using your left leg... the long fall to the ground hurts tramendously
19. Never underestimate your own stupidity
20. Do your homework assignments before 12:00am the night before they are due... it may save you from doing a purse as your presentation, and in effect, cause the entire class, including the teacher, to think that you are gay. 12:00am subconsciousdoes not work as well as you may think
21. If you look for "that's what she said" moments in tacher's lectures, you pay closer attention and get more out of the class
22. There are 31 days in January, not 30
23. Never, under any circumstances, forget to laugh. It's awesome and it perks you up when you're down
24. Do not cut your own hair, even if you think you'll do a good job.... you won't
25. Making faces out of silly puddy in class and squishing them slowly while making screming noises is extremely amusing, but classmates will slowly scoot their chais away from you
26. No matter how good your story is, MLIA will never publish it
27. If you think you're the most idiotic person on the planet, just think of Michael Scott, and you'll feel like the best person in the world
28. If you think that someone is Korean but they're really Vietnamize, never say their nationality out loud to them unless you are completely positive of their ancestry
29. That once I started blogging, I realized how many stupid things I do and how many awkward situations I get in. I wish I would have blogged daily before this.
30. Do not answer a rhetorical question out loud in class...
31. Think before you speak or do anything

(Yes, I did name this blg that just because it rhymed... sue me)

No comments:

Post a Comment