Sunday, February 21, 2010

pastor

Today, it was announced in church that my dad would be stepping down as pastor at Adoration Church in two weeks, on March 12th.

This is a decision that has been in the works for over 5 months. My dad has been seeking council from pastors in the area, close friends, and praying to see what God wants my dad to do.

I have not shared this with you yet because I did not want to spread any rumors, and just in case it did not happen. But, today it became official.

My dad feels that his time at Adoration was rich and wonderful, but that the time and effort he put into it was what God wanted for him, and now God has other things for Adoration in mind, and for my dad's future.

I'm not sure what he's going to do for a job afterwards. He has been thinking about going back into the IT world, but jobs are hard to come by, especially since he's not worked in the IT world for so long.

Prayer for my dad and us would be amazing in this time of indecision and joblessness as of March 12th.

No comments:

Post a Comment