Tuesday, February 16, 2010

radio for life

Caution: contains spoilers about The Book of Eli. If you have not seen it yet, stop reading this right now, because it is an amazing movie, and totally worth seeing without knowing the twist.


Question: Is Eli supposed to be blind in the movie? I have heard both ways...

Supporting argument for him being blind: The quote of him talking to Solara "I walk by faith, not by sight."
Him being able to read brail
His eyes at the end of the movie look weird


Supporting argument for him being able to see: He is one amazing shot with a pistol, bow and arrow, awesome sword skills, and he can shoot a bird out of the sky...
Just because you can read brail doesn't mean that you are blind
His eyes had cataracts (SP?) and that's why they looked weird at the end

I've seen the movie twice. I adore that movie. It's a dark movie and slightly depressing at the end, but a great movie none the less.
So, wondering the answer to that exact question, I did what any smart person would do. I typed "Is Eli supposed to be blind in the movie The Book of Eli?" Into Google.

Yes, the term "research" to me starts with Google and ends with Wikipedia. Sue me.

Needless to say, all the answers were opinionated, and I did not get one link to the script writer's view or the actor's view on it. Everyone was like: "Well, i've been debating it for 2 days now". And i'm like: "Just because you've thought about it longer than 5 seconds doesn't mean that you're right."

So, Google was helpless, and Wikipedia was opinionated. So, I guess i'll stick with my origional thoughts that he can see, but he is walking by faith literally because he keeps walking West, and not by sight metaphorically speaking.

If you have been thinking recently: "There are no good radio stations anymore... all the secular ones have some good songs, but I don't want to listen to them all day. KTIS never changes their playlist and has been playing the same songs for 20 years now, and The Refuge when they discover a new song, they play it until the very name of that song makes you break out in hives and bleed from your ears.
Fear not!!! I have come across a radio station that has changed my views on how radio ought to be. It is called Praise FM. It is found on 95.3. It is worship music that is not as overplayed as the refuge, and they have awesome songs unlike KTIS. At random points throughout the day, they stop the music and have excerpts from sermons on the air. And the good thing is it's not like KTIS when they do it. KTIS has sermons like: "I'm sure everyone can relate to me when I say that 1932 was the craziest year ever. But, since that, i've given my life to Christ, and I won't spend time talking about stuff that young people can relate to, because i'm sure they're all off drinking and partying anyways like Teens do, and all the KTIS listeners are 110 years old, so here goes..."

Yeah, and since I am a few years away from my 110th birthday, I have a bit longer 'till I can relate to their sermon topics. But, at Praise FM, they have awesome sermons that teens, young adults, and people who are 110 can relate to. You don't have to have lived through the "crazy" year of 1932 to be able to get the message.

I encourage you to listen to it.
My resolution for the day is to spend time with God. However that looks like, spend time with God today.

2 comments:

  1. you obviously haven't listened to KTIS recently. It's way better than you make it sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However! I recently discovered that KTIS airs Adventures in Odyssey at 6:30pm every week day. Which is totally awesome. Though I listen to the same ones online anyhew... But still cool.

    ReplyDelete