Tuesday, February 9, 2010

mass effect

Right now, I sit in the DCTC lounge/lobby area. I am beyond uncomfortable right now. There is this girl about fifteen yards away from me that has been staring at me about about 8 minutes now, nonstop. Even when I make eye contact with her, she keeps staring. It is sooo unsettling. So, to appear proccupied, I put my earbuds in to pretend to listen to music... maybe I should atcually listen to music.

The girl stopped staring at me for a period of about a minute. This is a nice break.

Dang it, she's doing it again.

Okay, so, back on track. I apologize to both my readers and myself for not blogging for the last four days. Caleb surprised us all by showing up at ouir house Saturday night and saying: "Hey! I decided to drive up and spend the weekend!"

So, I have a small excuse. But as for yesterday I was just lazy.

So, without further ado, I will jump into the lake that is adventure.

Today I had a speech to present in speech class. It was on "The day you were born" and random things in history that ties in to that date or the year, etc... I hated doing that topic because now everyone knows how old I am. Usually, If I don't say anything, people think i'm around 2o years old, which I find very flattering. So, when I have to openly admit that I am actually 17, and to see the expressions on people's faces... it sucks. The oldest person in the class is about 60. The average age is like 22, or 21. So, now i'm the awkward elephant in the room. "Oh my gosh! That guy is 17 years old! He's just a kid!"

Yeah, apart from that, the speech went wonderfully. I got people laughing, no, not at me, but with me. That's a major plus. (The girl isn't staring at me anymore, she decided to do homework. YAY!!) And, from their reactions, I think they loved it. At the beginning I was nervous, and had a hundred thousand butterflies flittering around in my stomach, making it feel like it was floating. I hate that feeling. But, once they got laughing I got comfortable and I killed it after that. I feel great now!

There is a random business man sitting on a class room chair outside in nice clothes while doing absulutely nothing. This place is so random.

Valentine's day is coming up. I have fondly named it: "Singles Awareness Day" because i've never officially been in a relationship over that day... not to mention never being in an official relationship on any other day. This this year nothing has changed. But, I am looking forward to it, because my sister is single too, so we're going out on a date together. We're getting food at a fancy restaurant, then going to Barnes and Noble and read random books and funny clippings and laugh (maybe get some coffee while there) then going to the midnight showing of Valentine's Day. Heck yes! I am so looking forward to it!

I just noticed that the girl who was staring at me holds her pencil really oddly.

I've had to shovel about 7 times in the last 2 days. The mounds at the end of the driveway are taller than me. I am 6 foot 1. They are about 6.5 feet tall. You have no freaking idea how difficult it is to scoop a heavy pile of snow and throw it 6.5 feet in the air without it sliding down on the driveway again. Oh, and not to mention that I have to do about 150 of those motions in one job of shoveling... and I've done it 7 times. I cannot sit up straight without back support my back hurts so badly. I have never wanted a proffessional massage therapist more than I do now.

Yes, I wrote "Proffessional Massage herapist" because Blogspot doesn't offer spell check and I don't know how to spell massuse. Messuse. Mesuse. Massuss. Mussoose. Mysoos. Micoose. Mosoose.

Yeah, you get my point.

Lately i've been strongly considering going into Special Forces instead of writing. Yeah, that is a major potential change, but now i'm not so sure what God wants for me, so your prayer would be amazing.

I'm not sure what Special Forces i'd want to go into exactly. I've been considering Green Beret or MARSOC. Greeb Beret is sooooo hard, though. They have like 3 years of training specifically for that position before you're a "Green Beret"... and that's not including the boot camp, basic training, etc... I'd have to learn another languag fluently (I SUCK at languages) and other awesome stuff. I know that if I go into Special Forces i'd never get married or have a family which would suck like nothoing else... but, someone has to sacrifice what the want most so others can have it. I think that is one of the most selfless and honorable things a living human being can do for another. I don't really care if I die, and I know that if I really try, I think I can get in; so now it is to wait on God to see what he wants me to do.

So, the descision of author vs. military has been boiling in my head for about two weeks now. At first I thought it probably wouldn't stick and i'd eventually pick being an author because that's what i'm good at and i've wanted to be that since I was 12... but, honestly, I have completely no idea which one i'm going to choose in the end. I need to make a descision shortly because I need to do classes/programs/etc... based on what I choose to do in the future.

Please pray.

My resoluion for tomorrow is to wake up at 8:00am and stay awake. (I usually wake up at 9:30 and remain tired until 12:30... having a foggy brain until 12:30 is not fun, so I'd like to start getting on a better sleep schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment