Wednesday, February 10, 2010

kick butt

My resolution for today was to wake up at 8:00am and stay awake for the rest of the day. I woke up at 9:00...

I felt rested when I got up. I usually get up at 9:30, so it is a small improvement, plus I actually felt awake until I got to class, then the boredom drowned me in it's mundane-ness.

I think I have a ninja in my art class. My teacher was setting up a standing lamp to get a nice shadow on an object, when the lamp started to fall over. One of my classmates lept from yards away and caught it in mid-air and returned it to its place. Everyone was awed for a few seconds. I whispered. "Ninja." And my art teacher applauded him.

I am proud to announce this ninja-man is now my friend, and art class is not as boring now. He actually gave me a writing book because he knew I like to write. He said he got a ton of these random writing books a long time ago and he never uses them. We was going to sel them, but they offered him 2$ per book... so he was going to throw them away, then he decided to give me one to see if I liked it. He is so nice.


Recently, while conversing with my sister, I said that if I have twin boys someday i'd like to name one "Kick" and the other one "Butt" so I can introduce them as "Kick Butt!"

It was not to a few seconds later that I realized that Butt's name would be "Butt Schmitt"... and "Kick Schmitt"... if you don't get it, say the names out loud. You know what "Schmitt" sounds like?
Okay, congratulations, you got it now.
If I have a girl i'd name her "Imma". We had a good laugh about that one.

Call me cruel, but to add to my family's weirdness, i'd name my dog "Peeve" so I could have a "Pet Peeve"! I will have an amazing family someday. Women... watch out for this wild stallion.

I hate school. What else is new?

I went to my accountabiltiy group tonight, and apparently all the other guys cancelled last minute besides Nate Tucker and me. So, we hung out at Caribou and talked for 3 and a half hours. It was good to catch up with him. Nate is awesome. If you're reading this, Nate, you are an amazing friend, and I thank God for you. =) Prayin' for you, bro.

Tomorrow I am at school until 10:00pm, so my resolution will have to be achievable at school. What should it be? I've had trouble thinking of good resolutions since January 3rd... a whole month later and it's not much easier.

My resolution for tomorrow is to write five pages in my book. Notice that whenever I have a reoslution about writing my book it is always "5 pages". 5 pages is the perfect length. It is challenging enough so i'll have to actually think and work at it, but not impossible enough to not achieve while in the middle of school-work. It is the perfect medium. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment