Wednesday, February 24, 2010

recruiting

So, I have been slacking majorly for blogging. I am sorry Josh Gates. You are the only one that really reads this consistently, so I'd better apologize to you specifically. ;)

I have been forced to watch old movies in my Film Studies class. I now totally respect old people for surviving through that dark stage of unimaginative thinking and terrible technological attempts at creative camera work and takes in film but utterly failing with but a few exceptions from before 1980 in the film making industry. If you can't tell, I dislike old movies.

I am meeting with a Marine recruiter after class at 6:00pm. I talked to him on the phone and answered a few questions. He was impressed that I don't do drugs or smoke and have never received a speeding ticket or parking violation. I have never felt so special for something so simple.

He told me over the phone to treat tonight as I would a job interview. So, taking his advice to the letter, I am now wearing my suit I wore to prom, and have a bouquet of flowers to make his night smell a little better.

Just kidding. I am not wearing a suit and will not be bringing flowers. I am, however, wearing pin-striped pants, a pin striped vest and a button up white shirt with rolled up sleeves. Completed with dress socks and shoes... even a nice belt. I want to be presentable, and I highly doubt that any almost 18 year old guy walking into a recruiter's office dresses up to be presentable and hands them a resume of why they are qualified. Yes, I will be top pickings.

The other day (more specifically, Monday) I went shopping with Jono Gates. We went to Mall of America and shopped around for awesome clothes. It was very fun, and it was good to hang out with him. But, since there were two clean-cut decently dressed males shopping together, a decent amount of people thought we were gay. Oh well.

After shopping I went back to Gates house and hung around, ate dinner... Brenden Forte was there. When I first say his name in writing I thought it was pronounced "Fortay" like the music term... but alas, it is pronounced like the forts I used to build when I was a kid... and still do build forts, actually. That is a highly honorable name to possess.

Anyways, a little sidetracked there. We played Mario. Yes, that's right. We went old school. Okay, I guess it's not old school since it's on the Wii and it's a new version of Mario. But, it was so fun! There were lots of laughs. Four teenage males huddled around a game that is primarily played by 5-14 year olds is a very interesting place to be. Wish you were there.

My resolution for tomorrow is to catch up on school and be productive. I have a pretty good amount of homework to get done and I should get crack-a-lackin'.

2 comments:

  1. haha thanks for blogging Ben! keep up the consistency!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't really think of many black and white films off the top of my head... But... TV shows? Andy Griffith ftw!!!

    ReplyDelete