Monday, March 1, 2010

oops

My resolution for today was to clean up, organize my checkbook etc...

I did do some kick butt cleaning. It's the type of cleaning that when you're done you say to yourself: "Wow... I feel great!"

Without further ado, I will now bring you all to the "oops-athon" the part of the show where Ben will write his "oops" moments of late.

After work I cut off my boss in the parking lot. OOPS!

After cutting my boss off in the parking lot, we pulled into the same gas station at lanes that are right next to each other. OOPS!

I tried to balance my checkbook today, but realized that it is nowhere to be seen, and I have not seen it for about 3 weeks. OOPS!

Made a comment about the boy in the movie we watched in Film Studies class, but the boy was a girl and I couldn't tell. OOPS!


I hope that was enjoyable to you. It was not to me.

I think I will go into a little more detail about my meeting with the Marine Recruiter, I touched on it in my previous update, but did not go into any details.
To get to Special Forces I need to go to Basic Training. In Basic Training, there are many tests like a gun test... etc.. And, if I score high enough in those tests (all hands on tests) (I can redo them all about 3 times) then I can have a shot at Special Forces Training. After Boot Camp I would go to Infintry training which is apparently difficult and awesome. There, I would have to pass more tests which would enable me to get to Special Forces Training. After Infintry training, then I could get into a SF training. They have certain weeks on specific abilities such as a 3 week crash swimming coarse. If you fail the swimming test at the end of the 3 weeks, then you are booted out of SF training and cannot retry for another 6 months. That goes for any test in SF, and there are a lot of tests.

But, it is a lot easier than I thought it was.
Those were the basic things that I learned from my time there. The meeting was good. THe guy was nice. He said he was impressed that I was so put together for my age. It made me feel accomplished.

I am still deciding between writing and military. Bleh.

My resolution for tomorrow is find a really long and usually unused word that is only ever heard in spelling bees, and use it in every day language and see the reaction of the listeners.

I hope to use this one in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment