Tuesday, March 9, 2010

muddles for thoughts

My resolution was to read my Bible the other day.
To be completely honest, I did not. To be completely honest once again, I barely had any time to do so.

Good news though. Matt Lorentz, my future roommate at Taylor University and an amazing young man, called and talked for a while. He challenged me, and God totally spoke through him directly to me. Seriously, it was so legit. It was exactly the wake up call I needed.

Matt Lorentz is... wow, he is so awesome. Girls, watch out for this young Godly warrior! The wife he will one day get will be so lucky. Seriously, it is an honor to know someone with such deep conviction, wisdom, and drive for what is right.


Lately i've been super duper sick. I'm on cold meds. it sucks. My nose is either stuffy or runny, and not much in between. My head is foggy, my vision is weird, and my thinking is muddled. I just can't wait until I get better.

In film studies today we watched a movie called "Being There". It was an awkward and slow movie. It was kind of interesting, but overall blehh.
For the last two movies there has been sex scenes, and both times I just look down at the table. After this movie, the teacher actually mentioned that I look away during the sex scenes in front of the whole class and everyone laughed. At first I was embarrassed. Then, I realized that there was no need for me to be embarrassed. I was the only one doing the right thing. A verse from Romans comes to mind. I will paraphrase it by saying: "Do not be ashamed of the Gospel, for it life for all who hear it."
I look back on everyone laughing, and the teacher who had the gaul to say that in front of everyone, and I am proud now that what I did was manifested to the entire class. Maybe it touched someone in there. Maybe it convicted someone. I'll never know. All I know is to do what is right and God will do with it as He will.

My resolution for tomorrow is to take Matt Lorentz's advice. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment