Tuesday, March 23, 2010

hello world

My resolution for yesterday was the start daily stretching, my ultimate goal is to be able to do the sideways splits by April 22nd.

Okay, to set this resolution, I had two sources for the inspiration. One of them being a co-worker. Her name is Catalina. We work together at least once a week; she's really nice. Anyways, she was just telling me of how she could now do the splits. She said that a month ago, she could barely do anything, but now she could easily do the complete splits. She then explained the stretches that she does so she got to this point. The whole time I was thinking to myself: "If she can do it, then I can do it."

Then the last straw for me to get me off of my lazy butt was the new blog I found. I mentioned it in my last blog update. Anyways, the writer is around 40 years old and can do the splits. Wow. I desperately hope I am that limber when I am 40.

So, after having a 19 year old girl and a 40 year old woman both able to do the splits while me, an athletic 18 year old male is still restricted makes me want to break down my physical barriers. I have always wanted to do the splits, but I've never dedicated time to stretching.
After realizing that I do Jiu Jitsu, soccer, running, kickboxing, and frequently daydream about being a ninja then it hit me: I have not attempted to increase my level of skill. I have been practicing some pretty cool kicks on my bag in the basement, but I have not gone for aerial moves yet. I know I can do it, but I have not dedicated time to it. After I can do the splits, I think I'll be able to do a lot more than I can do now.


Anyways, yes, I had a mini pity party for myself before deciding that I need to set higher goals for myself and keep myself accountable to those goals... hence this blog.

I still cannot find my checkbook. Yes, it's been about 2 months now. This is really scary. In my most recent bank statement, all the purchases have been my own... so, it still has to be in the house somewhere, it's just that I have turned the house inside out and it is still hidden somewhere in the dark corners of my lacking peripheral vision.

Speaking of peripheral vision... I have decided that I will continue going to Target until I can put in contacts. This is something I have to conquer. I am not scared of many things in this world. I can think of three off the top of my head: Clowns, peanut butter sticking to the roof of my mouth, and putting in contacts.

Maybe not in that specific order, but the point is, that I am seriously scared to touch my eye.

My book is coming along well. I have not blogged about it in a while, have I? Have I even gone into detail of it before? I can't remember. Anyways, I just bought a book online about co-authoring business contracts. Yes, I need to write a contract now so that when I finish, my co-author won't suddenly say he gets 70% of royalties. (which would never happen, he's a very nice man) but, I need to be safe. And, our business agreement needs to be put on paper.

A producer in CA is looking at my story line as a possible movie idea. I don't think i've written on this before. But, the goal of the book is to get it published, then, Lord willing, turn it into a movie.

As I said, a producer in CA loves the idea. A directer in heaven knows where said that he and his entire family (all in the movie making business) love the story line and want the book to be done quickly so they can work on it.

To give you some perspective here... the directer is one of the three men George W. Bush consulted before he sent troops into Iraq. He was a consulter to the President. Dude. And, one os his sons is a movie critique, and another one of his sons is a freakishly talented special effects guy who was invited to do graphics for the new movie Avatar.

Yes, they want to make the book from an 18 year old author into a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment