Monday, March 22, 2010

good and not so good

Today was a mixture of the great and the not-so-great.

Let's start with the not-so-great.
I had my near death experience scheduled for 2:00 today at Target. I was supposed to sit in a swivley chair until I could plant a contact lense onto my eyeball. I sat in that chair for one hour. One long hour I repeatedly touched a lense to my eye. After being irritated for 60 minutes, my eye started watering and was very bloodshot. I never actually got it in. For one hour I failed time and time again to get it in. I was right... I should have brought a sweat towel. It was hard work.

I had red pressure marks under my eyes from holding it to my cheekbone, and a red pressure mark on my forhead from pinning my eyelashes to the bone. Apparently it is pretty easy to put contacts in. Major emphasis on "apparently".

The good part(s) of the day were:

Church. We visited a church about four minutes from our house called Crossroads. It was seriously exactly what I wanted in the church, in every aspect. The people were young-ish, there were a lot of youth, the pastor was awesome, the worship was so kick-butt it's not even funny, and there is about 500 people (perfect number I think). Needless to say, I want to go there. It is the first church that we've visited, and I think our search is over.

Another great part of my day was finding an incredible blog online. I was searching for a ninja training summer camp... yes, I do do strange things in my free time... when Google directed me to a blog. It is a blog of a 40 year old woman who is an author and recently wrote a book with the main charecter being an athletic young woman who is an adventurer much like a female version of Indiana Jones. Anyways, she realized after writing the book that the charecter is exactly what she wanted to be, but she never dedicated the time or effort to do the extreme things that her character does. So, this blog is her journey to become like her character. She takes Freerunning classes, martial arts, learns how to pick locks... it is so cool. She is a single woman, never married, no children, so she wants to make the most of the extra money she has.

Here is the link. If you have extra time, read it. Start at the beginning though, it's totally worth it. http://www.becominglayla.com/

My resolution for tomorrow is to start my way to be able to do the splits. I will start with the sideways splits. I would like to eventually be able to do the splits both ways. I will start with the sideways one facing both ways. I want to be able to do it in one month. So, April 22nd it is. I'd better own!!

1 comment:

  1. You have to visit Cedar Valley Church before you make a decision! Come to the 10:45 A.M. service

    ReplyDelete