Sunday, March 7, 2010

Rectus Femorous

My resolution for yesterday was to find my checkbook. It is still lost.

Yeah. That's right. My financial life is hidden somewhere in the dark corners of the Schmitt home, leaving Benjamin scared, not knowing if his checkbook is properly balanced, or how much money is in his bank account. It is kind of like losing your watch or cell phone, and you're outside with no way to tell the time, and you wonder to yourself what time it is, because your entire life runs on the concept of time.

There was a study done where a few guys were put in a cell with no way to tell the time (no windows or anything whatsoever) and at first they almost went crazy because they needed to know when to eat, sleep, and everything, because without their normal surroundings, their body-clock was thrown off, and they had no idea what time it was.

After a while, they eventually simpley ate when hungry, and slept when tired. But, I cannot imagine how terrible that would be without any knowledge or acces to the information to what time it is.

I feel like I am part of an experiment to see how long it takes to turn a teenager crazy without the knowledge of how much money they have. So far I think it's working. Hopefully I last longer than their other test subjects.

I pulled or tore a muscle in soccer on Friday. Thanks to Becky, I now know what the muscle that I pulled is called "Rectus Femurous". I probably mis-spelled that, but so what. I feel intelligent for knowing the technical name of it whether I mis-spelled it or not.

It's the muscle on the top part of your quad. Its right beneath your hip, and a right next to the groin muscles. You use this "Rectus Femorus" to lift your leg while walking, stretching out to lay down, lift the leg for a kick (I am taking a break from Jiu Jitsu as a result) and sitting up, and coughing hurts.

I'm pretty much screwed.

My resolution for today is to read my Bible and meditate on it. It's been too long since I've taken out my Bible and simply read it. Shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment