Monday, March 15, 2010

smiles

Today is the best day that I have had that I can remember. Honestly, I cannot describe with words how much it rocks.

Lets put this feeling into perspective. Today is awesomer than all these things:

Getting a girlfriend
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Roller Coasters
Writing
Women in general (Hard to beat this one for sure)
Caribou Coffee (Also difficult to beat)
And glasses that make you look smarter

Have you guessed it yet?! It's called JESUS!! Today my life is different. Do you know those times when you can point to and you say to yourself: "That was a monumental change in my life". I think today was one of them. I just decided to surrender everything I was to God, which I knew I was supposed to do since I was 5 years old, but lately I've noticed how big of a loser I am and how much I need God to live. The verse in 2nd Corinthians really stands out to me that says: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."
That verse is one of my favorite. It reminds me that me as a human being does not have to be strong whatsoever. It reminds me that in order to survive, I NEED to acknowledge my weakness. And through some circumstances lately I cannot help but notice how weak I am. It is impossible to deny how lame I am without God, and I feel inredible now that i've re-come to that realization.

So, participate in my rejoicing with me! Get up off of your seat and dance! Groove like Jesus would!

So, yes, my day has been amazing.
I got up at 12:00 after dreaming about meeting he girl I was supposed to marry, then she told me that she was engaged and getting married in 30 days. Wow, talk about a deppressing dream.. right? After I woke up I took a wonderful shower, read my Bible, then started researching Revelation in detail. I read Revelation for a while, then talked with my dad about different views on the end times, then I read some Biblical Commentaries, then watched a pod-cast from a kick-butt preacher about it. And as I type this I am in Caribou after an hour of researching and taking notes.

I have spent at least 5 hours researching Revelaion today. I cannot think of a better way to spend my Spring Break than spending all day in the Bible, praying, and listening to preachers. I cannot describe in words how much I wish I could dance well, because right now I feel like dancing!!

So, if lately you've felt like a loser, like you are weak... maybe life at home with your siblings aren't honoring to God... maybe you've lost track of God in your day to day life... remember, that reading the Bible will re-set your heart to the desires of God. Spnd time with Him. He wants to be with you, all you need to do is let Him talk with you.

He will never dissapoint you.

1 comment: