Tuesday, March 2, 2010

hairy

My resolution for today was to use an unusually large word in normal conversation.

I went to Dictionary.com and went under the words of the day, and found some great words that I can't even pronounce. Many syllables and a headache later, I found the right one.
My plan: To use it in my film studies class when discussing the movie. One small problem though. I forgot the word. I still don't remember what it is. I remember that it meant untraditional or unconventional... or something like that. The word was a beast. One that I wanted to tame. But, it looks like that wild stallion broke from its pen and now roams free leaving this cowboy horse-less.

Don't worry, if you didn't understand that analogy, I assure you, you're not the only one.

The movie that we were forced to watch was called "hair". I fondly call it "Hair(y)". That movie is so utterly despicable. It is the worst piece of trash anyone has ever recorded and forced into the public for their torture. It turns out that Hair is my Film Studies Teacher's favorite movie. That doesn't surprise me.

The singing was decent. The lyrics were... yeeaahhh. The worst song I will not even mention. The second worse song was a row of black Lieutenants singing about delicious white boys... wow, that movie was utterly petrifying, especially for something made in the 60's.

The dancing.
You know what, I take that back. It is a disgrace to the name of dance to consider their flailing and wobbling dancing. Half of it was drunken staggering and arm flailing. When they tried to be choreographed, they were totally off beat. Their "stunner" moves involved lots of jumping, some knee slides, and an occasional male picking up a female and tossing her into the air. This is not supposed to be high school cheerleading, this is supposed to be a ground-breaking song and dance movie. Wow.

If I never see Hair(y) again for as long as I live, I will die a very happy man. I cannot honestly conceive how it is humanly possible to watch that movie more than once and maintain your sanity. Honestly. That's why my teacher is so weird.

I did not complete my resolution so far today, but I still have time. I think I may use it tonight. I will blog about it later, but I just needed to express how terrible the movie was or I was going to explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment