Sunday, March 28, 2010

applebees

Today I played basketball. I paused for a moment while writing "Basketball" because I was trying to find a play on words to make it sound like the sport sucks... but I thought of nothing creative, and now i'm rambling.

I am pretty natural when it comes to sports. I can pick up quickly on most sports, and I love being active, working out, doing martial arts, ping pong (yes, it IS a sport!), soccer, football, ultimate frisbee, broomball, biking, jogging, kickboxing, boxing, and anything else you can imagine.

But... I have two exceptions. I hate baseball because it's boring and waayyy too slow moving. The founders of baseball were like: "I am slow and fat and unathletic, what sport can we create to look cool while being lazy at the same time?" And hence the creation of baseball. And so I hate the sport with everything in me.

Secondly, I hate basketball. A few reasons have fueled my intense un-desire for the popular sport... but a few of them are:

I have glasses, so I am afraid that they'll be destroyed during a game, so I don't play as intense as I would without them

I don't know all the rules. I was defending a guy from shooting, and I extended my arm to hold him back, and then everyone agreed that it was a foul, then they got the ball at the top of the 3 point line.

A few minutes later, everyone else starts doing the same stiff-arm move that I previously got called out on, but no one says anything, and they are all very obvious. I think they change the rules in the middle of the game so it's easier for them to win.

Also, I have no game. I am usually good at any sport, even if I just start it. But, this is not the case with this cursed game. You are supposed to lob a rotund object ten feet in the air and pray to god that it falls within a tiny metal ring that is not much bigger than the orb itself. It is nearly impossible, and I swear that the guys I play with have magic powers or use high powered magnets to score.

I'm that awkward guy on the court that no one wants to pass to that when he gets the ball he kind of starts to freak out because he never gets the ball, so he ahs no idea what to do with it.

It's weird, I have never been in that position in my entire life aside from on the basketball court. I hate that feeling.

Ooh, so me and Matt, my friend visiting over the weekend from Indiana for my birthday, went to visit one of our friends that was in Minnesota for a college visit. We were going to meet at Applebees, because they are famous for being open late, and we were going to meet at about 10:00pm. So, we Google Applebees to see what comes up, and we find their main website.

I was happy that I found it so quickly, so I went on it, but I couldn't for the life of me find the store hours. So, I went of their "FAQS" page. They had every question (I kid you not) from "Can I open my own Applebees store?" to "What animal welfare standards does Applebees have?"

And, what do you know, no closing times were listed. Haha.
I finally found it on Dexknows.com and called the store directly. It was quit humorous.

Okay, i have to go. My resolution for today is to set up a system in which I can organize my life and be less stressed and get more things accomplished as a result of it. I will write more about it later.

1 comment:

  1. So basically heres how it works with Applebees and just about every other restaurant. You go to their main website and click on locations/restaurant locater. Then you enter your zip code and click on the restaurant you want. Then you click view hours. There you go. Just made life easier for you in the future...

    ReplyDelete