Monday, April 26, 2010

dance dance

I have been practicing my ninja skills. Last night I kickboxed for an hour and a half, and I did it for about an hour today. As of afternoon, I could only kick once, maybe twice, before losing my balance and have to return my kicking leg back to the ground. So, all my kicks were powerful, but I was not very quick.

Now, I can (while kicking the bag, not thin air-it's harder that way) I can (without setting my foot down) kick the groin, chest, head, head chest groin. Six kicks, all different levels. I can do many variations of that kick,and sometimes do about ten kicks before setting my foot down. I can do it almost as good with my left leg as well. I've improved so much in the last two days; it is very fun.

That was one of my life goals, was to be able to do multiple kicks without setting my foot down. =)

I am starting stretching again because my pelvis is feeling better. So, I'm back on my splits plan. I'll give myself until May 20th. I have to regain my flexability because I haven't stretched in half a month because of the injury. So, i'll hopefully be able to do it in a little less than a month this time.

Don't you love those songs that come on the radio and make your entire day? That happened last night. I was flipping through the stations and found a "Dance Radio". They play techno/club dance beats, and they were playing the coolest song ever! It totally made my night as I pumped up the base on my drive back from work. I now have the song on itunes. If you want it, it's called: Wonderful Night by Fatboy Slim.

It makes me dance.

3 comments:

  1. You told me just the other day that you hate techno!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said I hate psychedelic techno; I love techno.

    Sorry. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you can work out! Me, I'm counting the days until I can be over my injuries and functional again. The multiple kicks sound like a good way to get started. - Helena

    ReplyDelete