Thursday, April 8, 2010

Castle

Thank you all so much for our encouragement, advice, and prayers, it really means a lot to me.

Life is better now. Sure, the circumstances are a bit better, but the main thing that changed was my perspective about it all, which I knew was off to begin with. Do you ever have those moments where you just need to throw yourself a pity party and act like there is nothing you can do about it all? Ignore planning and take up late night worrying.

Well, my little pity party is over. Thank you all for attending.

The main thing that helped change my perspective was Nate. I called him up at like 12:00am a few nights ago and just needed to talk to someone. He is usually responsible and goes to bed around 11, unlike me, but he happened to be up late that night, and we talked for a good hour and a half. It helped me a ton, and Nate, if you ever read this, I want to say thank you again.

The next day we got together over coffee, and he basically was like: "Ben stop whining and get your rear in gear". Yeah, that ryhmed. I thought it was cool too.

My future was the topic of conversation. He basically said that there's no plausible way to get 120,000 dollars unless I win the powerball *crosses finger* so, I should look into other options. He then told me that he has alays imagined me as a youth pastor or a student councelor or something. I have known Nate for 11 years, which is all of my mentally coherant life (I can't remember much from before the age of six, so I don't really count anything that happened way back then my fault).
Anyways, I have known him for so long, and I respect his advice higher than almost anyone else I know. So, it got me thinking. Nate then told me that there is a great college downtown minneapolis for only about 15,000 a year. It is a ministry college, and I could take some writing courses online at a commnity college or something so I can still improve at that, but also become a youth leader or something of the sort.

The idea hit me so hard I am still reeling, but I think it fits me. This may be why Taylor University suddenly "closed its door". But,when one door is closed, another one is opened, and this might be the one.

So, my perspective is changed, and my future is a little brighter. My mom got out of surgery and is recovring wondefully. The surgery went perfectly, and she will be walking normally in 3 months. She comes home tomorrow.

This will be interesting to be the mother of the house while being the youngest. Everyone else has even a crazier schedule than mine, so I bet I will be doing the cooking and such. I think I'll love it.


If you have never seen the TV show Castle, then you have never lived.

It is about a writer who shadows a detectiv on her homocide cases so he can write a more comprehensive mystery book. It is sooooo gooooood!!!

Anyways. My resolution for today is to go to sleep at a decent time. Yes, I meant for that to be extremely relative. And no, I will not share how scarily late I have been going to sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment