Thursday, June 10, 2010

laziness

I have set a little goal for myself this week. I guess this blog used to be daily resolutions and complete them, but I haven't done that in like three months. But, simply talking about random stuff is fun, so i'll do that.

I have noticed lately that I have little motivation for anything. I love to write, but I don't write every day when I should and have the time to do so. I am idle. I swoon around the simple pleasures of life and get lost in time until I realize that I work in thirty minutes and leave. Sure, that's good to enjoy the small things (I have no problem with that in my life considering I am ecstatic about naming my new cell-phone Jarvis after the computer in the Iron Man movies. But, there needs to be a happy medium between an at attention Marine ready to sacrifice all personal desires for service and me. I'd like to find that medium so I can actually accomplish things that need to get done, and still enjoy random things and "take it easy".

It would be nice to accomplish this completely before college starts. The little goal that i'm setting for myself this week is just to spur it on. But, it is to not watch any TV shows the whole week, work out every day, take time to read my Bible, maybe read a book, write my book, and then do one thing that I do not want to do that day.

The last point may be slightly confusing, so let me explain. A wise person once said something like: "Take time everyday to accomplish the hardest and least fun thing to do in your schedule, and in time, you will become a much more patient and better person."

So, for example, I really do not want to balance my checkbook. Like, I REALLY do not want to do it. Sure, it's not all that hard, I just don't want to do it, so, tomorrow I will try to do it for the sole reason of going against my lazy nature saying: "Step aside and let the real man do the work".

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling -- I have to fight against my own laziness. But sometimes I think of an old (very old) bluesy duet with Louis Armstrong and Bing Crosby, "Gone Fishing." That's how I feel and I don't even fish, just wanna hang out. That song makes it sound so good.

    ReplyDelete