Saturday, July 10, 2010

week at a glance

Okay, small update since the last time I blogged:

Had a Physical for my college health form

Finished the book on effective Dialogue and just starting another book.

Started a schedule and now have a much better sleeping regiment.

Saw the movie Knight and Day and pretty much laughed the entire time. It earned its way into my favorite movies of all time.

Recently been listening to classical music and opera, and am loving it.

Have been working out a lot more, and am feeling a huge difference. I set up a rope in our unfinished basement tied to a beam, and I spread my legs out in an L sit as I bring myself up and down the rope. It hurts like nothing else, and I feel amazing.

Am on page 130 in my book. Making some headway, but at a difficult place in my plot.

Getting registered to all my classes at Taylor. My roommate's name is Jason. I met him last year, and we decided to be roommates. It will be awesome. Jason is from Korea, and he was 2nd in Korea's National Taekwando tournament when he was younger. Heck yes, I have a ninja for a roommate, and he is going to teach me his ways! I can barely wait.

Went boating on July 2nd with my extended family to celebrate an early 4th of July because my siblings and I were all working on the 4th. Got sunburned, but it was so worth it! We were out on the river for about 9 hours. We swam, ate, talked, landed on a small island with a few other boats, built sand castles, and raced each other. Oh, and of course, steered the boat. I love driving boats for some reason. (Now my burn turned into a nice tan, and for once I don't represent Vampires for fair skin, but have a decent skin color now).

My friend, Nate, is trying to convince me to go swing dancing with him and his friends. I work until like 11 every night the swing dancing takes place. The place is open till 2:00am. I say that I won't go swing dancing unless I find a good partner to dance with, he thinks that's a lame excuse.

Switched cell phones. I now have the LG Rumor Touch from Sprint. I like it. It's not amazing, but I like it. It's easy to text on the keyboard, not like I text a whole lot, but when I do, it's convenient.

My friend recently notified me that a pass for your entire life of rock climbing at REI is only $15 dollars for unlimited climbing as long as you're living... me and a few of my friends are going to be taking advantage of this offer.

It's funny, I have a few different groups of friends, one of which are my "Hardcore Group". Which include Tim, who's going to be a Police officer, eventually SWAT. Matt, a future PJ (Para-Rescue Jumper) (Military Medics who jump out of helicopters in war zones and rescue the injured.) Scott, however shy, was by his ENTIRE school (including the teachers) called "Scotty the hotty with the really nice body". I make fun of him for that, but he's in really good shape. Then, Nate, who's an artist, but he thinks it's fun to wake up at 5:30am and run a few miles, then go to a fitness center for a few hours and work out.

That's my hardcore group of friends. So, we'll be conquering the REI wall soon. If not that, then we'll do something else hardcore.

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you're having so much fun and doing so many different things! I really am jealous. And I am such a physical slacker compared to you and your friends. But this is inspiring me to challenge myself more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do parkour, the splits, and pick locks. You've got your forte for sure! I wish I could do all of those, but sadly, none are off my checklist yet.

    ReplyDelete