Friday, July 16, 2010

college

I met with my co-author (Bob) for my book Breakthrough. We met in the early morning at a local coffee shop (I will never get tired of the atmosphere of a coffee shop).

We went over the entire plot line from where we are now (130) to page 350. Bob has come up with some good ideas, but I basically created it all. So, giving the story pitch to him the other day felt good to know that I did all that by myself. I feel accomplished.

We started talking about publishers and possible directors to help make it into a movie. If this gets off the ground, this will cannonize my writing career. Yay.

It is a lot harder to write a book than I thought it would be at the beginning. I can write short stories like nobody's business... but I never knew that a long story would be this much of a difference. But, I love it.

My goal is to finish the book before I go to college. Once at college, I can have my professors help with the editing and refining of the story as part of a school project.

While at Taylor, I will be taking acting classes. I've always wanted to learn how to act, but never took any classes. But, acting helps the creation of realistic diologue and improv. If they have an improv. class, I'm taking it.

I'm starting to get more and more anxious for college. Not anxious nervous, but anxious excited. I will be living away from home for about 3 years. It is going to be a blast!

Anyways, about a month and two weeks left to go for me until i move into my tiny dorm. I just got pictures of my dorm room and I think a mole tunnel is more spacious. We share a dresser!

I can hardly fit my clothes in my OWN dresser let alone forfit half to my roommate! This is going to be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. when you finish your book can you send me a digital copy of it through email?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, i'll be done with the rough draft version sometime fairily soon. I'll send it to you then. =)

    ReplyDelete