Friday, July 23, 2010

waiting and wishing

Raquetball is a sport played by computer science nerds in huge bifocal glasses, taking advantage of the unecessary use of head-bands, ankles weights, and protective gloves all to be trapped in a tiny white room to hit a bouncy ball off the walls and waddle around like an overstuffed dizzy chicken...

So I thought two days ago.

Yesterday was my first time playing Raquetball. I can officially say that the sport has a broader range of audiences than computer science nerds.

I have glasses, and can barely see without them, so I wore them into the court. There were about five times where I almost got my glasses folded in half, knocked off my face, or crushed by the speeding merciless ball. Thankfully I have decently fast reflexes so I dodged them, but it made me a little scared when my friend would wind up to hit.

I flinched almost every hit... but, I won three games and got a great exercise. My prejudice against the game (I intentially didn't call it a sport, because I'm still undecided if it has earned the right for the title) has been more or less settled.

Now, I sit in nagging, fidgity impatience for the next month to pass by as I wait for the beginning of college.

I believe some free associations would be beneficial around the term "College". Let's begin.

Lazy
Sleep
Unmade beds
Pizza
Yum
Coffee
Wired
Staying up late doing homework with bloodshot eyes
Arriving at an 8am class having gotten no sleep
Coffee
Sports
Running
In shape
Music
Laptop
Essays
Study groups
New friends
Girl friend


And, I believe that sums up the entire college experience in a few words. Coffee, sleep, essays, and people.

I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment