Thursday, July 22, 2010

layout

How do you guys like the new layout? I'm digging it.

I went on an undercover ops mission. On Tuesday, I scouted out a Walmart store for the visual location that I am using in my book where the hostages are being held.

I was surprised at how little security cameras they had in the store. The aisles were very wide, so the cameras probably had better angles than the normal Walmart.

Yesterday, I drew the blueprint for the entire store from memory. Including the three hidden exits, the location of ventalation shafts, the control room, and of course, the headings/signs that tell people where their lowfat ice cream is in the store. Now I have an idea of where everything is in the store, and an accurate escape route for my poor hostages.

If only the workers knew what I was up to.

3 comments:

  1. Haha that was a great blog post :P and yes I like the new layout

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent plan! It's pretty fun to stake out and note the details... I imagine even MORE fun to know you are going to do something really rotten in a Wal-Mart....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to you, your hostages will know how to get out! As for Wal-Mart's security, I've heard that the cameras are used to spy more on the workers instead of on shoppers.

    ReplyDelete