Wednesday, May 12, 2010

AWESOME

I will be officially done with school tomorrow. I am so happy I cannot contain myself. Well, at this particular moment all I can feel is anxiety. Tomorrow night I have 10 art projects due. Yes, that's right TEN!!

I want to hire Ninja Assassins trained by the Tibetan Monks to hunt down my teacher and force him back to his sanity. 10 art projects in one folder.

The assignment is to create an entire new world that is totally unlike our own. Create life forms, animals, modes of transportation, entertainment, communication... etc... There are ten pages that will have to be turned in! If this was for creative writing class, I would be all over it and I would have created an alternate universe where everyone is marshmallows, and whenever you get hungry, just take a bite out of yourself and you'll grow back in seconds! That would be awesome... but, no, this is art. My psychotic teacher assumes that everyone has the artistic ability of Michael Angelo, but in reality I am just graduating from kindergarten art program for the "not so talented". Tonight and tomorrow is going to suuuuck.

But, after tomorrow night, I will have nothing to worry about but how many smoothies I want to make in a day, or what movie to watch on a Friday night...

Okay, maybe not that relaxed. I'm going to apply for another job, and hopefully be working 40+ hours a week between my two jobs, while writing my book when i'm not sleeping or working. So, I will be very busy still, but the only thing I need to get done is my book, so that relieves a ton of stress off of my shoulders.

Caleb is coming home in two days! I can't wait to see him! He's going to get a job at Olive Garden as a server (the manager knows him and he basically has the job already). Caleb is going to take the year off and go to Taylor the fall of 2011. He's going to be taking general classes at Normandale over the year so he can get all his "Gen Eds" out of the way. So, he'll be a freshman at Taylor at the age of 21, and he's going to be suuper mature compared to everyone else coming in.

I am enjoying my last few days at DCTC. It is nice to know that I will not have to navigate the halls of this cursed dungeon any longer! No more random people staring at me for uncomfortable lengths of time, people sitting in a chair in the middle of the snow storm in the parking lot, no more people treating their empty hand like a walkie-talkie, no more passing by the used needle cases "When you're done shooting yourself with drugs, be safe and dispose of them responsibly" is what it should say on the front of it.

Anyways, I am soooooooo glad that this chapter in my life has turned and a new one has started. The new chapter title is: "Goodbye stress, hello Awesome".

I named it myself. Are you proud of me?

I am craving lobster, root beer floats, french fries, a huuuuuge burger with every topping you can imagine, so big that I have to cut it in half and squish it down just to be able to fit it into my mouth. *Mouth waters* Annd, i'm craving pizza, lasagna, a milk shake, and chocolate.

In case you were wondering, yes, if that was all in the same meal, that would be the most epic thing on the planet.

Seth Johnson demanded that I make a list of everything that I dub "AWESOME!!!" Because apparently, I think a lot of things are "AWESOME". So, abiding by his request, I will start the list now.

Not the word "Start" at the beginning of the sentence; there is no way I can get everything in here in one sitting.

AWESOME: (Not necessarily in order, the first two are, but after that it's random)

God
Girls
Comfy jeans
Wireless computer mice
Too many movies to count
Jane Austin
Shrimp
Lemonade after mowing the lawn
Bonfires
Barefeet on freshly mowed grass
The smell of rain
NINJAS!!!
Female ninjas
Martial arts
Stylish hair-doos
Panthers
Converse shoes
The color blue (That sounds like a great name for a book!)
Hats
The way snow looks on pine-trees
Hawks
Black rimmed glasses
Vanilla white chocolate mochas
Caribou Coffee
My laptop (named: Lakisha)
Books
Ted Dekker
V-neck T-shirts
ipods
French fries with a TON of salt and ketchup
Snickers and Recees
The combination of peanut butter and chocolate
Scones
Comfy couches
Lounge pants (preferably gray)
Watches
The military (hardcore to the max)
Large words



I have to go to class, but that is the beginning of my list of what I think is AWESOME!!!
According to Seth, I need to collect all these things and write them down over the summer, and have a completed list by then. Seth, rest assure that I will have my AWESOME list done by then! =)

(And smiley faces are AWESOME!!!)

1 comment:

  1. It's so totally awesome that you're graduating. Congratulations big time on this major rite of passage and accomplishment. My niece is graduating too -- June 4. Clearly it's a good year for cool people.

    ReplyDelete