Thursday, May 6, 2010

epic

Are you ready for awkwardness?
So, for as long as I can possibly remember, I thought the name for the line of hair on a male that starts under the belly button was called "The happy trail". I didn't think twice about the name, I just thought it was a normal name for anything else like ear, armpit, kneecap... happy trail...

But, apparently, not very many people call it the happy trail and will think you are majorly messed up if you call it such. I discovered this piece of information a while ago when my belt accedentally plucked out hair from my happy trail and I yelled in surprise and pain. I was with my guy friends and they all asked what happened. I then told them that my belt pulled hair off my happy trail. They looked at me in silence for about five seconds before there was an awkward clearing of the throat and they informaed me that no one calls it that.

Without thinking, I decided to bring it up with my sister and parents.

Awkward.

They just stared at me too. Advice from the not-so-wise, never under any circumstances call it a happy trail in public.

For the female readers who are now cringing, wishing they never started reading this post, don't worry, that story is finished.

Today was speech class. We are supposed to perform two speeches, both on the same topic, that are supposed to pursway the audience one way or the other. The second time you deliver the speech, you have to switch sides on the issue, so it forces you to see from someone else's point of view. Most people picked topics like abortion, same sex marraige, the death penalty...

I thought those topics were all too cliche and boring, so I went with the subject of which is the better superhero, Spiderman or Superman.
My first speech was for Spiderman, and today I spoke for Superman.

Everyone really enjoyed it because it was a change of pace and I did a lot of improv humor to make it more interesting. But, for a conclusion, I ripped open my shirt to reveal a superman costume underneath.

The most epic conclusion in the history of public speaking.

My speech teacher loved it. I can't wait to see his comments.

Tonight I am going to see the movie Iron Man 2. I can't wait. Iron Man 1 was really good, and I always love superhero movies, so I can't wait for the sequal.

My brother, Caleb, is coming home from Kansas in two weeks. I cannot wait!! I miss him so much! Also, he is bringing with him P90x.

If you have never heard of P90x then you have never felt your muscles burn. It is the most extreme workout program on the market. It is a 90 day program where you work out for at least an hour a day, and every other day is an hour and twenty minutes for an added 20 minute ab workout.

Most in shape young adult males, like my brother, cannot even stand after one of their workouts. Caleb is on week 2. He is getting used to the grueling pace, and already notices a difference in his breathing and his heart rate. He is bring it home with him and we're going to use it over the summer.

Yes, afterwards I will have the most epic 8-pack ever. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment