Monday, January 31, 2011

back in black

The month of January has been interesting. I'm not going to sum it all up, but basically I decided to take a break from the internet (which was outrageously refreshing and almost unheard of in the modernized world).

I did a lot of writing. I wrote about 50 pages in the last 2 weeks. It has been very productive. I also have been doing a lot of reading. I'm engrossed in the Stieg Larsson novels. I'm currently half-way through The Girl Who Played With Fire. The sequel is in the mail right now, headed to my dorm room.

Today is the first day of classes for the Spring semester. I have an 8am class every Mon/Wed/Fri. So, I've decided to wake up at 6am to work out, do devotions, and eat breakfast. I did that this morning and it was wonderful. I hope I can keep this up through the semester. I'll have to go to bed every night around 11:30pm, which actually isn't all that difficult: I did it last night.

Yesterday I had 3 flights to get from Minnesota to Indiana. Yes, that's right, Indiana is only 3 states away. I landed in Wisconsin, then Michigan, and then Indiana. Roundabout much? I'm not going to complain though, because I love traveling. I have officially flown 33 times. Yes, I keep track.

I spent my travels yesterday people watching, reading, and occasionally writing my book. It was wonderful.

Now that I am back in the dorm and seeing all the guys again (many of whom grew too much facial hair over the infamously lazy J-term) which has been nice. My roommate and I are in 2 of the same classes together, one of which is Political Thinking, which I'm looking forward to a lot. I've not taken much politics before, and i'm ready to start.

As far as my novel goes... it is actually going wonderfully. I solved my writers' block that has been bothering me for so long, and am getting far in the story. Also, I am setting up a few interviews with real-life computer hackers. (They're the good guys, though. Technically their job titles would be something like: Cyber Security Analyst). I cannot write 2-3 chapters until I conduct the interviews, but they live in MN, so I have to wait until Spring Break. Oh, dang.

I'll be updating much more frequently, especially now that I am not taking a break from the internet.

Have a wonderful day, and make it a point today to make someone smile!

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed you know hackers you can interview. Sometimes I fantasize about having skills like that, which is dumb because my computer skills are seriously limited. I bet you'll get some real eye-opening info.

    ReplyDelete