Monday, August 9, 2010

marraige material

I made a list of everything I want in a wife. It's pretty detailed, so in a bullet point list, it is 3 pages long.

I compared myself to the character qualities in my list and realized that I don't match up to my own standards.

The biggest thing I need to work on is discipline. A blogger I used to follow a few years back said this, and this is now one of my favorite quotes/words of wisdom: "Try to do something everyday that you don't want to do."

If I actually went out of my way to do things that I didn't want to do, it would build my character and develop discipline. But, I haven't been doing that.

Going off to college, I've been thinking about relationships a lot considering that the majority of married couples in the US met in college. Sure, i'm really young, and i've never been in a serious relationship before... or any relationship for that matter. But, I want to prepare myself for being marraige material.

I don't want to be another one of those steryotypical testosterone filled, heavy headed, slow thinking, cliche phrase saying, repugnant guys. I want to be different. I want to be someone that is above the average, cliche, and normal. I want to be exceptional.

I, of course, have a ton of work in order to improve... but, i'd like to start now.

2 comments:

  1. Don't sweat it, Ben -- I think you're already well above average and a definite good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, but when someone that is "good" settles for being good and not great, that is where the decent and the legendary seperate in history.

    ReplyDelete