Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the one exception

I just got back my first big paper. By "big" i mean 20% of my overall grade in Literature class. Guess what grade I got in it?

D

To make matters worse, it was one of the best essays i've ever written. The teacher happened not to be able to follow my unconventional "hourglass" essay structer based off of modern journalism, but instead is traditional and usd to the boring 5-para-essay format, so she couldn't find my thesis statement.
As a result of her confusion, my angelicly perfect essay was given a D. There were no marks on it for grammar or anything, adding to my anger and frustration because it is inherently perfect, but my proffessor just isn't up-to-date with the newest formatting techniques.

Other than that little revelation I recieved earlier today, life has been wonderful.
My first improv comdey show is in a week.
My sister is flying in to visit tomorrow and staying for 4 days; I can't wait!
I've been having a ridiculous amount of fun and I'm learning a lot through my classes.
I'm hoping to start getting published in the campus paper soon.
My radio show starts tomorrow night.

Life is good. Mostly.

2 comments:

  1. Boo! Hiss! on that professor for the D. You know, I quickly learned (but still didn't get the best grades) that grading was often based on what the teacher wanted, not what was truly good or bad.

    What's great news is that you're having fun. Good luck in the comedy improv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job on the blog post Ben ;)

    sorry about the paper. I would advise you to visit your teacher during their office hours about it. That's the only way I am passing this class that I have a 50% in.

    Keep up the good work. I'm glad you are having a good time at school.
    Let me know if you want to skype sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete